From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:14:28 -0400
Hello friends.  Our shelter just got hit with yet another THIRTEEN
unaltered ferrets.  This brings our grand total to EIGHTY ONE unaltered
ferrets taken in since October.

11 of the 13 are under 6 weeks old and aren't quite ready for
spays/neuters.  Then there are the 'moms', both cute albino ladies.
They'll be ready for spays in about 2 weeks, once the kits have been
fully weaned.

These ferrets were removed by the SPCA.  The owners have been charged
under the cruelty to animals act but were allowed to keep the other
breeding stock they had (it's the law here).  This means that *IF*
convicted, we may end up with the rest of their breeders within the
next 6 - 8 months.

As i understood it, this 'breeder' was VERY similar to the Paris breeder.
Many ferrets were found dead and some partially or fully eaten.

We currently do not have a shelter, many of you know we are in the
process of moving.  I need to thank Tina and Andrew, from the bottom of
my heart for adding these 13 kids to their already crazy household.  I'll
make it up to you both somehow.

We are in desperate need of funds to help vaccinate, spay and neuter
these kids.  PayPal donations can be sent to [log in to unmask] or
in Canada, for an immediate tax receipt,
http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=d55479

We also need litter and 8 in 1 high protein ultimate.  Ferretone is
always needed as well as baby food and a/d.

Since all of you have been so kind with our past rescues this year, we
have a ton of bedding and can't use anymore.  The kids all have awesome
hammocks, blankets and sleep sacks :)

Photos of the moms and kits should be available on our web site within
the next few days.  They are totally cute!

If you can help with a donation, even $1, it will go a LONG way.  Many
thanks in advance for your help.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>