From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:50:06 -0500
I've thought about posting in response to little Penny for two days now and
since I awoke early this morning with much on my mind, I figured if I want
a good sleep I better unload some here.

I was sad to read that Penny was being taken from her foster home because
of a post made by her foster parent.  It is quite true that foster homes
(well most of them anyway, or so we hope) can provide more one on one
attention than a shelter can, even a shelter that has many volunteers.
As long as Penny receives the much needed and proper care from her foster
parent, I don't understand why she is being taken away.  This could
devastate an already ailing ferret.  Hasn't she had enough sadness, pain
and suffering in her life already?

I didn't read into the original post about the ferrets in the shelter
needing homes, obviously others did.  Perhaps there has been some
miscommunication between the foster home and the shelter operator or the
words that were written were not expressed as they could have been.

Bottom line are the ferrets.  Is it truly in Penny's best interest to
remove her from her foster home?

I'm not involved nor am I taking sides (other than for Penny) and I'm
positive someone is thinking this very moment that I shouldn't open my
mouth since I don't have all the facts and I'm not a party to the
situation.  However, as a ferret guardian I feel I have the right to
speak out if I see a need.  I do believe that it is Penny's interests
that should be put above and beyond anything else.

And to the foster parent, I think you said you wished Penny would never
leave you so why not adopt her?

There are good and bad foster homes, shelters, breeders, individuals,
caretakers, etc.  It would be heaven if everyone was responsible, loving,
caring and went the extra mile for others but sadly that isn't the way of
our world.  Miscommunication can cause hurt feelings and anger which leads
to suffering on someone's part.  On the up side there are many wonderful
loving caring responsible compassionate people that will go the extra mile
and will try to help whenever they can.

Please, lets all try to do what is best for the little ones.

Hugs to all. tle (who has a million things on her mind and is very tired)
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity