Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1993 15:17:16 -0400
I got my second ferret on labor day, and I knew it would take some time
for him and my older one to get along.  I also know that ferrets play
rough...  but I am beginning to wonder if this is abnormal.  My younger
ferret, Fezzik, is ALWAYS harping on Shadow -- he's bigger, and just
leaps and pins her to the ground, and then starts biting her neck or ears
or trying to drag her around the house by the scruff of the neck.  I had
thought the dominance stuff would have ended by now, but instead it is
getting worse.  Shadow constantly hisses at Fezzik, and often, if he is
out, she'll just find a little nook or cranny she can defend (say, a
small spot between the wall and a piece of furniture) and hide.  Neither
of them have their tails bushed out, and neither seems to be really
injuring the other, but I am beginning to get a little worried at how
much worse the confrontations are getting...   Anyone know anything about
this?  I know its only 3 1/2  weeks, but...

-Rochelle