From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 20:27:55 -0500
Hello Fml!
I just moved into a new place and my precious Seymour now has his own room.
Unfortunatly for him, he's been spending an incredible amount of time in
that room as we are still ferret-proofing the house.  Hopefully it will be
done soon, I hate leaving him in that little stuffy area so much!  But when
he's out he seems to enjoy the bigger place, but probably misses the stairs!

We would have had the time and money for a new fuzzy now, but we went to the
store one day, saw a fish tank and bought it.  All in all that cost about a
hundred dollars.  Gee, we're not impulse buyers, huh?  So getting a new
ferret will have to wait a while.  Seymour does like drinking out of the
tank's filter, though.  Yesterday, he and the Psycho-kitty fell in, so I'm
waiting for the fish to die from their germs!

To Dayna and Foggy:
Congratulations to you two for finding eachother.  And I really like the
name!  Don't forget, Dayna, that "healing powers" are not just a gift to be
thankful for, but an acheivement to be proud of.  Bless you for helping out
the furry ones!

Hooray for those who worked for the HSUS policy change!!  You guys rule!
You rule!

This last thing has nothing to do with ferrets and I'm sorry, but I just
have to say it--

Dog owners please get your dogs vaccinated for kennel cough (bordatella)
whether or not you have them boarded.  My most precious little Mimi (who
lived with my parents after I moved out) died after a case of kennel cough
apparently triggered some unknown illness she had been carrying.  We did not
have an autopsy performed (saw no point), but the vet said she could not
have died from kennel cough alone, but it probably was a contributing cause.
It seems she and my brother's younger, healthier dog picked up the bacteria
in the back yard from neighbor dogs.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for getting off topic, but I still cry like a baby
everytime I think of my sweet little girl who deserved more out of life than
she got.  *sob*

                        --Barbara Thomas

|              your name here                                         |