From:
carolyn johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:03:40 -0500
Shelby, one of my older furries has a major problem.  He has lost all
of his guard hairs as the vet calls them and I call them him outer long
coat.  This was just beautiful and sleek until a month ago and now all he
has is his undercoat.  He is not bald and get this--his tail is perfect--
no loss of hair there.  THe vet is really puzzled by this and thinks it
might be some sort of adrenal gland trouble.  He is going to read up on
it in his ferret book and try to figure it out.  He doesnt treat a lot of
ferrets and is always open to learning.  He has always been good to us
and has been out vet through nurmerous ferrets and he knows we are love
our furries dearly and consider them members of the family.

At any reate if someone else's furry has had this problem would they
please let me know here on tomorrow's list or email me here and let me
know.  Our family would much appreciate it

Ferretsey and her not-so-merry band of furries