From:
John Madigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:40:25 -0700
It started Friday night, our 15 month old Snowy was throwing up.We rushed
him to the vets and the doctor thought he had a stomach virus.  He gave us
Amoxy, and said to give him Pepto,if he was sick again.  We left saying we
would call on Saturday.

Saturday I contacted Sukie Crandel for advise.  Although she was feeling
under the weather, she still found time for me.  Dr.Weiss also wrote with
advise.  Snowy was still not feeling well by the after- noon,so back to
the vets.  They thought it would be best, if they did blood work.
Unfortunately when we went home, he didn't have a good night.  We were up
all night with him.  We continued to give Pepto and Amoxy.

Sunday I went down to discuss the blood work with the doctor.His white
count was up and his blood sugar was down, but it still looked like a
virus.  Doctor said if he stopped eating,to get him in immediately, and to
start giving him some electrolytes.  Two hours later he threw up dark brown
liquids.

We ran back to the doctors and decided to do x-rays.  The doctor found a
large lymphoma in his chest cavity.  He was so sick,there was nothing to
do.  My wife and I held him, and said our last good- byes.

I've read this newsletter for a long time, and I always thought this would
happen to someone else.

This can happen so quick.  Hold your little guys every chance you get,
because your time can be so fleeting.  Take as many photos as your budget
will allow.  We just took new pictures this last Wed- nesday(thank god).

Thank you Sukie for your kind words and advise.  I know we gave him the
very best,but sometimes ,even that isn't enough.

Good Bye Snowy