From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:41:38 -0600
Here's a cheap tip for you... needing a litterbox that your zipper-bellied
post-surgery ferret can crawl in and out of without irritation or picking
up dirt?  Go to Wal-Mart or any hardware or home improvement store.  Buy
the thin plastic wedge-shaped paint tray liners.  They cost about 50 cents
each.  You can dump, disinfect, and reuse or just use them as disposables.
When we were broke but had a need for extra litterboxes in spots suddenly
"favored" by the ferrets, we used these for a while and they're more
durable than you would think.  If you haven't seen them, try to picture
this:

Rectangular litterbox.  Cut away an entire narrow side.  Now cut away each
of the long sides on an even diagonal from the top of the intact corners to
the bottom of the corners at the cut away narrow side.

Okay, so it's hard to describe clearly what it looks like, but go find a
liner and you'll see instantly how it could be used as a litterbox for a
convalescent, crippled, or other ferret difficulty climbing in and out of
the box.

Debra in Fort Worth