From:
Eve Kochel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:29:44 -0400
>Was looking at the Petco website and saw these ferret houses with tubes
>and things.  Have anyone's ferrets played in these?  Since my kids are
>housed while I'm working I thought they might enjoy them.  Any information
>would be appreciated.

Hi, Connie!

I owned a Fun-nel Home for about a month and then sold it.  The ferts never
used the tubes, and the whole thing really didn't have that much room
inside for them.  The shelves are also extremely flimsy and two of them
broke while trying to install them on the walls of the cage.  I think they
ignored the tubes because most of them go up, and they don't like to climb
as much as run through tubes.

I would personally recommend one of those coated-wire three- or four-story
cages with carpeting on the levels.  My kids REALLY like this one!  They
seem to need more floor space than tubing.

However, I do recommend getting a Ferret Freeway (clear tube) just to lay
on the floor.  They LOVE it, and it's better than TV!

Warm Fuzzies,
Eve