From:
Todd Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 01 Oct 1994 16:46:54 -0400 (EDT)
     I know how you feel with introducing new ferrets.  After joining the
FML, I posted and asked the same questions.  Well the results are as follows.
 We have had Iago for the longest time.  We then "adopted" Abu.  Well Those
two did not and do not get along.  Iago is always attacking her (they are
both 1 y.o. (approx.) females) and Abu has the marks to prove it.  Well then
we went to Path Valley Farms and brought home an adorable little boy.  Well
Iago did the basic "tour of the house but the neck" method of getting to know
him.  Abu just grabbed and shook violently.  Well it is now like 6 weeks
later (Jake gained over a pound in less than that short time.  Wow)  But Iago
still attacks Abu, Jake loves to play with Iago, and Abu has Jake there to
protect her from Iago.  When Abu sleeps, Jake will immediatly curl up around
her and when Iago goes near he attacks Iago.  If Iago and Jake are playing
and Abu is sleeping, as soon as Jake hears Abu screaming he runs to help and
protect her.  It is rough going, but you learn everyday.  Good luck with Bo
and Bongo.
     Also to Dr. Williams, as to reference of Abu who I contacted you about a
little bit ago.  Her blood glucose level was 136.3mg/dl.  Is that good?
<< Sent by Scout v.1.9 >>