From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 19:07:18 -0400
Dear Mandy,

My name is Pie O' Pah and I arrived at the Bridge in June of 2007. I
was lucky to have had seven long years with my family before leaving
for the Bridge, and even though my years were good ones, they just
never seemed to be enough. I really wanted more time, we all do, but
there always comes a time when we must depart for the Bridge. I know
you are concerned about Izzie being alone, but the only lonely part of
moving on is leaving the people we love behind. Because even as we go
from one place to the next, we understand that we must leave behind
our mortal body ..... but the part that made us who we were ( and will
always be ) well *that* part goes on to a place that is really quite
amazing, and part of us remains with you, wrapped around your heart.

Izzie was indeed a very fortunate fuzzit, not only because she had you
as her mum, but that your love was so vast and unselfish that you
allowed her to leave in the most peaceable way possible. She listened
to your voice, felt your comforting warmth and your heart beat. For her
it was very soothing, much like the sounds of the waves as they gently
break upon the beach. It soothed her and made her journey to the
Bridge.

As we travel from our earthly lives, we each follow a path that was
specially made for us. For Izzie, her journey was lit by a soft, pink
radiant light - which she *knew* was your love guiding her to the
Bridge. The wonderful thing about these path's is that no two are ever
alike, and do you know why? Because each one is filled with all of our
most favorite memories from our lives. The day we first came home with
you, our first cuddle, our favorite hidey holes, treats, soft kisses
and tummy rubs and everything else in between. When I left I took
nearly two days to arrive, my brother Hobbes thought I got lost along
the way, but the truth is that I kept walking back and forth along my
path to take in everything that had made my life so amazing.

I know that Izzie did the very same thing, but I also know she was very
worried that because she was the first of your fur kids to leave that
she sort of kept one paw on your shoulder, and one paw just outside the
Bridge. Her scroll told me as much, and so I knew I would need to find
a way to put both of you at ease. So I went to the Big Guy and I asked
him if Izzie could be part of my family for now, that way you would
know she would never be alone ( or more importantly arrive alone ) and
that we would take very good care of her until it was time for the two
of you to be reunited! I certainly hope that's OK with you!!!!

After the Big Guy gave me the fuzzit-stamp of approval, I went and
gathered up my brother's and sister's and told them about Izzie's
arrival and they all began war dancing with joy over having a new
sister to love and adore, then put on our best fuzzy grins, smoothed
out those who bottled-brushed over the exciting news and then we made
like a business of ferrets and war danced our way to the Rainbow
Bridge!!!

When we arrived we saw all of these beautiful deep pink blooms
everywhere! I remember my brother Ollie remarking on how it looked just
like the back ground of the calendar Izzie appeared it, and wouldn't
you know it, just as he said that we saw this cute pink nose appear
from the flowers and out popped Izzie!!! She looked so cute, and
everyone was very excited to see her, but what she wanted to do, or
rather say was just how much she loves you!!!!! She also wanted to let
you know that she feels fantastic, no more pain, and that if she could
take a picture of herself and send it to you, you would see just how
beautiful she is and will always be!!!!

So she is here, she is safe, and most importantly, she is not

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah