From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:05:38 -0800
>Well I am in the process of Quitting Smoking and had the Nicorette gum in
>my pocket.  Well I awoke this morning to find that he had eaten atleast one
>piece of gum.  The dosage is only 2mg or so ...

Tom the pharmacist:
Nicotine is a poison.  It is used as an insecticide.  2mg is a HUGE dose for
a fert.  HOWEVER in the gum it is bound to a resin that only releases the
nicotine slowly with chewing.  If your fert is still fine he'll be fine
because he did't CHEW the gum just ate and swallowed it.  IOW if it were
released immediately he would probably be dead by now.

If he's still fine he will be fine.  just watch his stool so that the gum
passes and he'll be ok.

Nolo Illegitimus Carborundi!
'A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man.  In order
to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and
submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a
streetwalker.'-- H.  L.  Mencken.

"The average American has the attention span of a ferret after a double
cappuccino." - Dennis Miller