From:
Alicia C Robson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 03:01:29 PST
Well personally I think it is a crock.  When I had my first pair of fuzzies,
my female loved babies.  I once let an infant touch my Crissy and she
crawled up next the baby and lay down, with her claws outward, and purred
and purred.  Till then I didn't even know that ferrets purred.

On the other hand when my son was born I didn't have the energy or time for
my fuzzies and helped them find a new home they liked.  But I would never
say that all ferrets are like mine were, but I really don't think a well
loved fuzzy would hurt a child.

My new male likes to go into my two year olds room, on his own mind you, and
play with David.  David chases him and he chases David sort of like tag.
They invented the game themselves.