From:
Barb Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:33:04 -0500
Thank you for all the beautiful cards we've been getting at the
Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue in Pittsburgh, PA. They're a welcome bit of
sunshine on those days when everything seems to go wrong. :) We love
seeing the photos of your ferrets! We especially love the evidence of
all those cherished ferrets out there, when sometimes it seems like
a deluge of unwanted ferrets is falling on us! It does help us keep
going.

I don't read the FML, but I have a friend who keeps me updated. I just
don't have the time :( I just wanted everyone to know the cards are
being received AND appreciated. If you'd like to send me email
directly, my email is "bcarlson" @ "andrew.cmu.edu" (without the
quotes) or my shelter email is: "rescue" @ "ferret-hide-e-hole.org"

Please take a moment to look at the raffle benefiting the Hide-E-Hole
Ferret Rescue ... it's ending on December 10 and we have some *really*
nice things (like lampwork ferret beads, kick-@$$ bedding and a ferret
pirate!!) If you won the raffle, you could keep it, or have half your
Christmas shopping done in one fell swoop!

We could really use the funds ... we have Billy the Kid, who had to
have his leg amputated (previous owner reports a cage accident, surgery
was around $200), Sonic Boom (who left big and healthy and came back
paralyzed from a broken back due to another cage accident, cart: $50),
little Jessie (a 7-1/2 year old tiny, feisty little chocolate who came
in naked and is in the process of growing fur from a $100 Deslorelan
implant), and on and on ... Fundraising is a never-ending task, and we
try hard to keep it varied. We've been self-supporting since 6 months
after we started (Barb supported it before then) but only because we
work hard to raise the money needed for vet care. We like to raise
money by giving people something they want ... we sell OxyFresh
products (we love the tooth gel and dental hygiene solution), funny
bumper stickers and door stickers, license plate frames, hand-beaded
"love potion" bottles (for Ferretone, of course!), among other things.
We sell on CafePress (baby ferret clocks! + more), at ferret club
meetings, at ferret shows, over the internet and when people adopt
ferrets. So we're trying to make it fun as well as profitable. :)

Raffle: http://www.thedancingferret.com/fundraisers/raffle/raffle.htm
CafePress website: http://www.cafepress.com/ferretstuff
From my shelter website:
http://ferret-hide-e-hole.org  (under buy merchandise)

Barbara Carlson
Director, Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue, Inc.