From:
Mason Weinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 10:01:25 -0500
A couple of comments to recent postings:

To Jessi - When Slinky was a kit, he loved going outside.  Now that he is
18 months old, he is much more wary - when I have taken him into the
backyard and let him go, he charges for the back door, then waits to be let
in.  I have no idea what changed him or his mind, but I keep trying (and he
keeps wondering why).

To anonymous regarding wriggling ferrets - each ferret has its own
tendancies.  Some love being held, others think it is just keeping them
from getting somewhere important.  The latter is especially true for kits,
to whom the whole world is new and just too much fun!  Your ferret will
probably calm some as it ages.  However, giving him/her a treat every so
often as you are holding it will let the kid know that being held is a good
thing.  But, finally, they are like cats - some will love it, some can't
stand it.

My condolences to all who have lost ferrets recently - it is a tough thing
to go through with any pet.

Best - Mason