From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 19:21:23 -0500
Hi all--
I just wanted to say "brava!" to what Angilique wrote about mistreated
ferrets-- when I got Cully, the answer to most of the questions she asked
would have been a definite yes.  It makes me so mad/sad to think of how this
wonderful ferret has been more or less handicapped for life by his fear of
everything-- at least I got through to him, after months of patience.  That,
I think, is the key thing is dealing with ferrets like him and some of the
others that have been talked about recently-- patience.  If you never lose
your cool with them, they'll eventually figure out you're not going to hurt
them.  Good luck to everyone dealing with these nippers-- stock up on the
Bandaids, and remember that the ferret needs your help, in the form of
understanding and patience, to learn that life is a happy thing.

Regina ("honestly roommates, he _is_ a nice ferret...)
Cully ("Offa my couch!")
Amelia (*cuddle*)
Roommates ("yeah, right, Regina, sure, uh-huh")

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec