From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:30:45 EDT
Dennis writes:
>There is a show going to take place in my area and i was going to show a
>couple of my ferrets.  I sent for the info and recieved a packet, but as I
>am new to shows I don't quite understand what I got.  It said that champion
>entry was such and such price ( price not important) and specialty was such
>and such price.  Now for the question.  Do I have to enter the championship
>class and then the specialty class or can they be entered sepately, say for
>instant just the specialty or just the championship or do you have to enter
>as the class you want and then pick the specialty and pay both fees.  I am
>trying to figure out how much to make the check out for.  Sorry for being a
>dumby.  This is a L.I.F.E.  sponsered show if it matters.

Dennis-

In LIFE you have your coice of entering Championship, Specialty, or both.
You can also just go and participate in fun games.  In order to enter the
judging rings, you must pre-register with the forms that you have.  Many
people try for specialty at their first show, just to get the hang of it,
although it is certainly not a prerequisite.  I am pretty sure that all
sanctioning organizations run things this way, but I can't speak for them
all.  Perhaps Vickie or Sally can answer this for AFA, and someone from
GLFA can respond as to how things run with their group.

Make sure your ferrets are current on their vaccines as required by the
show sponsor...this info is in the information packet you already have.

If you have any other questions, you may either e-mail me, or feel free to
contact the show sponsor directly.

Regards,
Anne Ryan
President, LIFE