From:
Christine Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:05:35 -0400
Laxatone Substitutes:

I read that petroleum jelly is okay, how about mineral oil?  I know this is
used as a laxative for humans, and my ferrets LOVE it.  (I discovered this
when I was trying to clean their ears with it.)

Corncob litter:

I had the new baby using this, and the other day Louise ("The Terminator")
made a surprise attack.  I guess the stress brought on what was inevitable -
the baby started puking.  In my total panic over what might be causing this,
it took me a few minutes to realize the puke was too light to be used Iams.
A lightbulb went  on over my head - THE LITTER!  Changed the litter and she
seems okay.  While I don't know if the litter could cause a blockage (it
looked pretty much paste-ified) I'm sure this delicacy is not good for the
fuzzbutts.  Watch out for culinary experimenters!