From:
Ingrid Rhinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:35:01 -0600
It's that time of year again.  Maryland Ferret PAWS and Rocky's Ferret
Shelter have been working collaboratively to propose a new, expanded
version of the Ferret Protection Act this year.  With input from Dr.
Keith Gold and Dr. Bruce Williams, we have amended the previous version
of the bill to be a more complete and enforceable piece of legislation.
Representatives of MD Ferret PAWS, Rocky's Ferret Shelter and the
Baltimore Ferret Club met with Delegates Boteler and Cluster to finalize
the wording and plan for the upcoming hearing.

We expect the bill to be assigned a number within the next few days.  In
the meantime, WE NEED YOUR HELP!  Please visit our website and sign the
online petition, ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN MARYLAND.  The petition is
located at www.mdferretpaws.org/legislation/petition.html.

If you would like to follow along with our progress, we will post updates
on our announcement board as things progress.  If you would like to help
us get this important bill passed by collecting signatures in your area
or would like to show your support by attending the hearing, please send
me an email and I will make sure that you get the information you need.

Ingrid Rhinehart
Secretary
MD Ferret PAWS, Inc.
www.mdferretpaws.org