From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:58:23 -0500
Sondra Braid organized & ran our only fundraiser in eight years of
operation.  She was a great supporter of Zoo`s Ferret Sanctuary, & a
very dear personal friend.  She died last november, in South Korea,
while on a teaching assignment.  She was only 40 years old.

Sondra`s parents were here from Canada for a visit.We had a most
wonderful time!  They got to see their "grandferret" Bear Baby, & I
gave them a tour of the place.  They got to see what I do here all
day!!!  They got to watch group after group come out to play, & they
never tired of watching them.  They saw some meds & special feedings
etc.  too, and asked lots of questions.  (I love it when people are
interested!)

Sondra had a message for her parents to give to me----That I was the
"most loving & compassionate person she had ever met.  That she was
so very proud of what we do for the fuzzies."  When they gave me this
message in person, at dinner, they also gave me a $5000.  check in
memory of Sondra.  She had left instructions with them,"in case
something happened"..... It was a pretty emotional moment, & we were
pretty stunned.

Lupron alone, was $5225 here, last year--and our vet bills were over
$12,000--even with us doing the routine things like BG testing,
fecals,fluids, & shots.  This money was so muchly needed.(Mastercard
loves us!!!) I am feeling some sense of relief, after getting these
funds.  What a wonderful thing to do.

Mr. & Mrs. Braid left at about 8 P.M.--and I was sorry to see them go.

Even from the grave, Sondra has come through for us...I miss her, so
much....

Love, Zoo
www.zoosferretsanctuary.com