From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:22:50 -0400
A young couple in Austin rescued a ferret almost 2 years ago. A man was
turning it loose in the field next to HEB because PETCO wouldn't take
it back. They knew that i would be a death sentence for the ferret. The
had $20 between them and used it to buy the Kitty. Kitty was 3 months
old at that time.

Now they are having to move out of their apartment by June 24th and
are having trouble finding another place to live in their price range.
It looks like they will be homeless for a month as of 5pm June 24th.

I have told them I would look for someone willing to foster Kitty while
they are going through the apartment application process. They do not
have any money to pay for boarding and do not want to give Kitty up. I
know ferret folks have big hearts.

I cannot take Kitty myself because I travel a lot and am on-call for
disaster response during Hurricane Season. I am about 90 minutes from
Austin and can help with transportation and food.

They used their "emergency" money last month for a vet visit and
immunizations for Kitty. Kitty is free roam in their apartment but
has a cage and hammock. If there is anyone in the Austin area that
can help them out, they would be extremely grateful. I can help with
transportation.

Thanks a bunch,

Roberta Ensor