From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:44:52 EDT
I'm concerned over some things that are possibly being misrepresented
about the Layton shelter.

The shelter is non-profit with the State of Utah only, so your donations
are not tax deductible on your Federal tax return.  I'm not discouraging
people from donating, just pointing out the reality of tax laws.

There has been a claim made that the ferrets are not ADV.  Have they all
been tested?  Every single one?  And none of them are positive?  That's not
the way I understand it.  As I understand none have actually been tested,
they are simply not showing any signs of ADV.  This disease can hide for
several years before showing symptoms, so making that claim is very
irresponsible.  If I misunderstand the actual circumstances and they have
all been tested, I do apologize.

The numbers being thrown around are ranging from 220 to 1500 ferrets.  How
many are there.  How many are boarders, personal pets, and adoptable
shelter ferrets?

[DA]