From:
Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:38:54 -0000
Hi again Sorry, to post again But there is alot of us in Florida that are
trying to get them to change the bitting laws down here if anyone would like
to help please e mail me and I will tell you who to get in touch with.  We
have been sending faxes and calling all over florida to the State Senators
and the REPs.  So we would like to get as many people involed as possiable
to help so we can have as much information on rabies in ferrets and the
different laws that might help.thank you

Also, I wanted to share this with everyone i took my babies in for their
shots.  And one had a reaction to her shots.  Well since she had lose
control of her urine and stool <was very loose> and had a trace of blood in
it.  The vet said she was in heat.  She based it on the fact there was
blood.  Now female ferrets do not go into heat like a dog but they were
telling me that she is in heat.  And what saved me was someone put up a post
that said with in 5 mins his ferret starting vomitting and stuff.  So anyway
They shaved her tummy said they didn't see a scar so she wasn't fixed.
Well, after i read the post i went to the vets to pick her up and brought
her home and while i was there i asked them if there was anything else in
her cage and they said NO.  So i brought her home and faxed them a copy of
the fml for them to read.  Then i called another vet and he told me all
about ferrets when they go into heat.  But my vet was ready to cut my ferret
open to fix her when she is already fixed.  And on top of it charge me
140.00.  I called MF and they said the scar would be so small they would
have to know where to find it the ferret is 3 years old.  well everyone be
careful.  bye

Judy