From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:02:05 -0500
Hi Folks-

It's your buddy Jerimiah with MORE news from ferret Wise!

A bunch of folks have new tee shirts from the annex
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/shelterhelp-FerretWise.html
and we say thank you!!!- all the proceeds from our exclusive ferret tees
pay medical bills for the 10 kids on Lupron and supportive hospice care
here at Ferret Wise.  Currently there are 25 elder hospice ferrets in
residence.

We lost another on Monday- Poor Old Henry slipped the bonds and passed
over to Rainbow Bridge.  Mom Judy was by his side as was Dr George--
Henry almost made it on his own.  He was one of the 11 ( out of 19 total)
NH police seizure ferrets from Manchester who arrived in January 2001
during a HUGE snowstorm.  Henry went right to Judy's hospice- he was
older and was a groupmate of another elder who had a lot of cancer
tumors..  She passed shortly after-- Henry remained fighting IBD.  EGE
and adrenasl / insulinoma.  Now Henry has been reunited with Winnie and
with several others form his group... but he leaves behind a very sad
Lucky, Phoenix & Anna.

Disney is hanging in on hospice care all meds were discontinued after her
last vet visit.  Dad & Mom think - her eyes are brighter - she only will
eat nutrical- especially for shelter dad, but she is looking thinner
every day.  Disney manages to make it each day over to her furry tunnel
that Secret Santa J.  sent her for snuggly naps even still!  Mom says her
last days are so special - she gets lots of cuddles.  We will all miss
Miss Disney when she passes - the young kids love to run into her cage
and steal treats , raisins and soup-- ..  now she lets them w/o a peep!

We had another big snowstorm here-- geesh hold that white stuff will ya?
I really am anxious for Spring and birds singing and SUNSHINE!  Maybe Mom
will pass out Foamy Fries to make up for the nasty weathers?  hint- hint!

Bear makes the trip up from PA today -- he is scheduled in surgery with
Dr Winnie in the AM tomorrow.  The vets there are not really sure what
is up with him-- so he gets the best care tomorrow.  Please say lots of
prayers for Bear... he is too young to be slurping in the ferretone
pond-- both Momma and his caretakers Ray & Sandy think so too!  Bear';s
Mom Sandy is crashing in the annex until the trip back on Sunday-- what
a way to take the weekend form work huh?  She will get to play with me &
Harry when Bear is looked after!  Yippee!!!!!

Momma has more stuff listed on ebay-- we need to get the van up and
running-- it is hard getting everyone to the vets without it-- so IF you
need some neat new things for the ferrets or your self please check out
the goodies she has listed at ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=ferret+wise

Shelter Dad will be in York PA on March 27 for the Spring Nationals
Ferret Competition an AFA Sponsored Title Class Ferret Show.
Location: Horticulture Hall, York Fairgrounds
York, PA Contact: 1-888-FERRET-1 or [log in to unmask]
Please stop by the Ferret Wise booth and see Ray, Sandra & Shelter dad.
He will be bringing some of the great Ferret Wall quilts by Cynthia- some
of the ferret tees and they will have Totally Ferret food for a great
price for those looking to feed their ferrets!  and some new interesting
items!  Then comes the Ice cream Social on May 15th-- I am waiitng for
someone to bring me some sweet somethings then!

Ferretstock is soon approaching- on Sat Sept 11th..... if you wish to be
a helper or donate some items please email the folks here at
The committee meeting is scheduled for April 17th and is coming up fast!

I hope I get to meet you again at Ferretstock - I attended the last
time - well, yes I had a twinge of stage-fright- and I think I should
attend this time too!

Next "Frolic" newsletter is due out in Mid May-- I will find something
really neat to talk about then!

HUgs,
Jerimiah, mascot
www.ferretwise.org