From:
Monkey & Kona Schlossberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 17:18:13 -0500
>From:    Monkey & Kona Schlossberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Clubs and breeders?
 [and]
>From:    Michael Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Find me a friend?

We checked out the American Ferret Association records on shelters and don't
see any in Kentucky.  There are some in Tennessee and other bordering
states.  Maybe you Kentucky folks though ought to form sort of state
organization or settle for a National group such as the AFA.

http://www.ferret.org/
http://www.ferret.org/afashltr.htm

The problem is: all ferrets in KY have to be liscenced with Wildlife Fish
and Game $75 each ferret per year, then a city or state fee too.  And this
is BEFORE ownership.  One of the official's (don't recall if it is the
govenor or who), daughters was biten by a ferret.  So they aren't illegal,
but they want to discourage you with the obscenely high fees.

New Albany Indiana (10-15 mins away froem Louisville, KY has no such fees.
So, I was wondering if ther was any breeders or clubs (especially) near us.
We are more interested in ppl to share our ferret joy with than activisim
(sorry but true).  We want to help, but we are looking for a group for fun
more than preaching.  No offense to anyone, of course.  I just watch all the
dog ppl go to this one place in our local park, and think "gee I want that".
Ya know?

Thanks.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=Monkey & Kona Schlossberg=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=