From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:24:13 -0700
Hi Folks!

I have completed the new look for Lost Ferrets!  Please stop by at
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets
and take a look.  Feel free to email me with comments or suggestions.

The new and improved Lost Ferrets site is dedicated to my boy Cael, who
died in May, and to Booboo, who passed last January, shortly after I
began construction of the original site.

Remember, anyone can join the Lost Ferrets Network.  This network provides
a resource list, by region and state, to those needing help finding their
lost fuzzies.  Most members are shelters, but we have many clubs and
individual members as well.  Basically, all you need is a willingness to
help out.  If someone posts an ad for a lost one in your area, I will
email you.  You can offer advice, help in the search, distribute posters,
anything you can do.  Visit
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets/shelter.html
and fill out the Network Participation Form.

Those who are already members of the Lost Ferrets Network should take
this time to make sure their information is current.  I sent out an email
to all the members sometime last month.  Those who have responded, your
information has been updated.  Thank you.  I had several emails returned.
Several of those, I have discovered other email addresses for.  The rest
have been temporarily removed from the site.  So, if you think you were a
member, but your listing isn't there, email me.

As always, I'm ready for contributions to the Lost Ferrets "What to do"
Articles.  I have three so far, a generous rewriting of her published
article, by Troy Lynn Eckart, of Ferret Family Services, a VERY thorough
article by Pam Troutman, of STAR* Ferrets, and copies of a set of two posts
to the FML by Randy Horton of Especially Ferrets.  These articles were
published with permission from the authors and a BIG thank you goes out
to them!  Anyone else wishing to contribute helpful information to the
articles pages, please email me!

Last but not least, now that the site update is complete, I will really
have time to buckle down on the online poster generator.  Any suggestions
for content are welcome, though I will most likely be going from the advice
of the articles I publish on the site.  I know I keep promising this poster
generator, but this time I really WILL get it done.  Between Cael's illness
and my disgruntled feelings every time I looked at the site in its former
state, I just COULDN'T do anything until I updated the site.  With that
done, I'm ready to really get moving.

Thanks for listening!

Melissa Barnes
Mira, Tasha, Robin, Nietzsche and Samuri
Official Mascots of Lost Ferrets