From:
Denise Autry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:12:31 -0700
Well, at long last, it's my turn for a problem.  Took Sleve and Snoova to
the vet last night, as Sleve had almost, but not quite low blood sugar
when everyone was in back in June, and Dr. Lennox wanted to see him in
the fall.  Judging by my sinus infection, it's fall, so in they went.
Snoova got to go because his abdomen looked and felt a little weird.
Good news on Sleve is that he's gone from being a really skinny ferret,
to being a skinny ferret.  We should have results back on the blood work
today.  Snoova, well, he's getting bloodwork too, to see what kind of
shape he's in for exploratory.  Spleen appears enlarged (size of german
shepherd tongue!), hair on tail is thinning, gums are a little pale, and
lymph nodes seem emlarged.  So, we should be getting bloodwork back
today, and then surgery (numbers willing) will be scheduled.  Please keep
Snoova in your thoughts and prayers.  The husband is taking this really
hard, because earlier this year, his father died of leukemia, and he had
a grossly enlarged spleen as well.

Prayers to those with sick or angeled fursnakes.

Denise Autry
Alpha Phi Omega, Alumni