From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:47:58 -0500
Hi everyone -

    Some very productive meetings were held today, and from the reports that
I have heard we are VERY VERY close to a resolution.

    The calls especially had a real effect.  If only twenty percent of the
nearly 2,000 people who signed the petition made their two calls as
promised, that is 800 that came in between 8 and 11, in support of this
little forty line bill repealing a Blue Law.

    This is compared to the only 150 police officers who made their presence
known a while back and got the pols to completely abandon any idea of
reforming a law requiring that officers be used as flagmen at construction
sites.  Only State that does that, costs us something like $200 million
extra per year.

    I made the mistake in one of my very polite calls around 8:10 of saying
that 'We' were really interested in this bill, and had high hopes that they
could see their way clear to pass it this year.  This was met with "Who is
'we'?  Who ARE you people !!!"

    Oh my, guess that she hadn't had her coffee yet.  "Just a bunch of
ferret owners Ma'am, just a bunch of ferret owners, tryin to get this over
with and back to our lives."

    Thanks everybody !!!!