From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:16:51 -0600
Well, I spoke with the vet and Sammy is doing well.  He has responded to
antibiotics and is recovering.  What will happen next is that we will wait
for about a week or so for him to recover and then he will most likely under
go surgery to remove all of the Insulinoma that can be found and also to
remove the right adrenal.  His Insulinoma has become so rampant that the vet
thinks that we should operate as soon as possible.

That is going to be a major hurtle for Sammy, but if he makes it through ok,
then he should be around to enjoy life for a while longer.

Let me answer a question.  Yes, I told the vet that I didn't want to put
Sammy through hell just to keep him around for a couple more months.  The
vet agreed but felt that if everything goes well, Sammy should be around for
a lot longer then a couple of months and that we should go ahead with the
surgery.

A couple of people wanted to send cards to Sammy but I was a little hesitant
because I wasn't evident which direction Sammy was going to travel.  It now
appears that he will be around for a while (Thank You God!) and I think that
it would be really cool if Sammy were to get a few "Get well soon" cards.
If you have a little extra time and would like to send a card to Sammy the
address is:  Sammy, % All Wild Things, 6058 N. Keystone, Indianapolis, IN,
46220.

Thank you for all of the support that has been offered to me and Sammy.  It
is really appreciated.

Jason, Sammy, Doris, and Buddy
ICQ # 7528859 (Sammy's Dad)
ICQ - www.icq.com