From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:24:09 -0800
Hello friends.  I am writing you all to let you know that Pippin passed
away today, 2/13/05 at 1:00PM.

Pippin was a mama's boy and was the handsome one of the business.  He had
adrenal disease and had his left gland removed last year.  He did very
well on the lupron shots we gave him 1x a month after and grew all his
hair back.  Quality of life was good and he was a happy boy.

Then in the last 6 months he developed an ulcer or ulcers.  We did our
best to make him better and with a soft food diet he was back to his old
self again.  But this last month the quality of his life declined very
rapidly.  He was no longer eating on his own and became extrememly
lethargic.  This past week he refused to eat at all and the force feeding
was torture.  In the last 2 days he began to whimper while he slept or
went to the bathroom.  He kept looking at me saying, Mom I'm tired and
need to rest now.  So we helped him pass today.  It was so sad.

This is our 2nd ferret we helped pass, Merry in 2002 and now my sweet
Pipper.  I knew it was the right thing to do because he had a full life
and he will always live on in our hearts.  Those that knew Pippin loved
him, or feared him cuz he was a sneak attack up the pant leg nipper.
That was his favorite game...it never got old and he loved to pick on
those ripe with animal fear.  The more you disliked ferrets the more he
wanted to get up close and personal.  But he never hurt anyone and only
wanted to play.  Pippin loved his mommy & daddy, loved to terrorize new
ferrets to the business.  He absolutely adored kitties and was always
down for a good wrestling match.  He had a fireball spirit and will be
missed very much.

Thanx to rubberhedgehog for making a rubber stamp out of him awhile back.
If you'd like to see Pippin immortalized you can go here:
http://www.rubberhedgehog.com/Ferrets2.htm

He is midway down the page.  I will be making a memorial to him soon.
Right now I'm keeping his tiki snake by my bed so I'll feel near him.
I know he will always be with me as long as we keep his memory alive.
May he find his friends Merry and Fredi on his next great adventure.

Pippin may your spirit soar!

Love, Mommy, Zira, Hannah, Bowser, Isis & Indica, & the iggys

~Trish