From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:55:41 -0800
Dear Sandee,

A little "Pink" and chocolate girl named Houdini is coming across the
bridge today.  Houdini was an old, old girl who lived a long and happy
ferret life.

One day many years ago I was headed to the Greater Chicago Ferret Assn.
to pick up ONE ferret who needed special care.  Having a difficult time
ever walking out of GCFA with only 1 ferret, I asked my husband to come
with me to "keep me in check".

Well, we got that ONE ferret and we also found Houdini and her partner,
Herman.  They had been there for 1 1/2 years, always overlooked because
Hermie had liver disease.  We took them home that day, together with a
couple of other long-timers, Cosmo and Sammy.  A lot of good that hubby
did me.......went in for 1, came out with 5, but of course, I wouldn't
want to change a thing.

Houdini stayed on the earth a lot longer than any of the other 4 and she
passed today in probably one of the nicest ways possible, a sunny day, in
my hands and against my heart, knowing that she was loved.

I know that she will look forward to seeing Hermie and I'm hoping they
they can have a little time to themselves before their many, many
brothers & sisters join them.

Maybe you can help her with a little "girl thing" Sandee and help her
choose what color she'd like to be - she's been Pink for a very long
time.

Tell her that her Mommy loves her always and that I'm happy for her.