From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:01:15 -0700
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: One of a million reasons
>This, by your own admission, will not happen unless you and your
>family starve.

That was NOT admitted.  Your quest to prove your superiority added an
interpretation to what she wrote.  She said that she couldn't afford an
extra expense on top of the others.  She never said anything about medical
expenses being out of reach.  A more generous interpretation is that she
couldn't afford your "tax" on ferrets.  A tax is what your "dream" amounts
to.  A imposed fee for your idea of social engineering.  Why should you
assume she didn't mean that she couldn't afford the medical care of her
charges if she had to support the "dreams" you have at a level you desire
to impose.  Your $200 fee amounts to a regressive tax and as such is more
of a burden to the more poor and less of a burden to the more wealthy.

>Yep. You are one of the million or so reasons why I Have to dream.

I have no tolerance for hatred and bigotry.  Your obvious disdain for folks
that do not have the income you think they should are subject to ridicule
and misquoting.  That to me is bigotry against the less well off.  Snobbery
is ugly.

Your claims of soup kitchen volunteerism do not erase the obvious
disrespect and your egotistical putdown of Lisa.

Your note may have been poilte on the surface but it was vile to the core.
You are unfairly blaming Lisa for the misfortunes of ferrets.  To me Lisa
sounds like a typical devotee of ferrets.  I'd rather adopt a ferret to
her than to someone with your attitude of hatred and blame.  She showed
love and sacrifice.  Thats more important than a bank balance.  With her
admitted smaller bank account she was still donating to shelters.  As
much as she could afford.  One reason we are so hesitant to do much about
donations is we do not want folks that can't afford it to give us money to
care for the ferrets when that would make their sacrifice too great since
I can afford more.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian