From:
Dina Sweeny-Katkansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 21:11:54 -0700
Hi all!  I'm a newbie here, and have a lot of fun reading about everyone's
babies.  I have had Stella, a 10 month old female, for about 6 months now,
and have loved every minute of it!  She is a real character, and enjoys
sleeping at my feet.  She's a love-bug, too!  She will give me kisses when
I get home from work, and "chuckle" to me as if asking about my day and
telling me about hers!

My question - my husband and I enjoy camping, and go on several long
weekend trips every year.  We thought that Stella would enjoy a playmate
and companion, so we went and got a 10 month old girl this past weekend.
My problem- I suspect there is alot of "territory" issues being worked out
between the two of them - thhere have been lots of "bombs" dropped and
some loud crying on both sides.  Although, I suspect most of this is
normal...how long do I let this go on before I would call the experiment a
success?  We currently have them in 2 cages next to each other, and rotate
their out of cage turns with some supervised sniffing.  We have attempted
to let them both be running around freely 3 times, with no success.  I do
not want to make Stella unhappy, and I certainly do not want to ruin
"Bear's" (the other little girl) wonderful personality...I thought we were
doing Stella good by getting her a playmate.  Any thoughts or comments
would be greatly appreciated.  You can just email me directly rather than
bother anyone else.  I apologize for the length of this, but I wanted to
explain where we are with our experience.
Thank you in advance.
Dina Sweeny-Katkansky [log in to unmask]