From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 06:30:44 -0500
The other day I took my kids sledding, mistakenly thought *I* was still a
teenager, went sledding down the hill myself and promptly ended up in the
hospital with 2 (possibly 3) fractured vertebrae.  So, you can imagine the
pain I am in.  I also need to explain that my lack of tolerance for
stupidity is directly proportional to my level of pain.  High pain/ low
tolerance.  Also, my disclaimer is this: I love ALL animals.

That said, on with my story.... My husband escorted me to the store where
we picked up at least 3 dozen cans of cat food.  The woman bagging made a
remark about how many cans of cat food we had and my husband said, "Well,
we have eight cats..." and then he proudly added, "and five ferrets!"

The woman said, "EEEEEEwwwww!  Ferrets!  I had one for about three weeks
but it grossed me out!  It gave me the willies..."

I said, rather tersely, "Well, you shouldn't have gotten it to begin
with!!"

She replied, "Yeah, I know.  But I wasn't the one that brought it home..."
(*sigh*) She then began to tell me how she had a bunch of birds.  I
couldn't help myself, really, I couldn't.  I said, "EEEEEEwwwww.  Birds!
That squaking would drive me nuts!  I'd end up roasting one for dinner!"
(I know, I know, that was BAD but I was so annoyed with her remark about
the ferret!) My husband was standing behind me, jabbing me in the side
trying to get me to shut up.  LOL

After we were outside, my husband said, "Honey, I think she got your
point."  I said, "Yeah, but she pissed me off.  Sometimes I wish I could be
mean enough to say things like, 'That squaking would annoy me so much, I'd
tape their beaks shut!'"  My husband said, "Yeah, so instead you tell her
you'd roast 'em for dinner?!" LMAO!!!  I forgot I had said that!!  I guess
those pain pills affect me more than I thought!  (And the likelihood of
me doing ANYTHING to a bird is as likely as the chance that I would do
anything to a ferret or any other animal!)

Renee