From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:49:18 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Thought it might interest you, it angers me much:

Printed from the St.  Paul, Minnesota Pioneer Press either the 28th or
29th.  I clipped the article and it is written as follows:

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
DOG SAVES BABY BITTEN BY PET FERRETS

[Moderator's note: [text of article deleted]
Due to copyright issues I can't reproduce the article here, though another
post in this FML summarizes it pretty well.  Of course, I thank FMLers for
thinking to post things like this, but copyright regulations are an
ever-present issue.  BIG]

   ---------------------------
I do not know how others may feel about this, but I blame the mother for be
ignorant, and acting stupidly.  First, she shouldn't have let the ferrets
out to play when she couldn't watch them, secondly she shouldn't have
fallen asleep on the couch with 2 playful ferrets running around, a very
protective dog and a 10-day old baby in another room unsupervised!!!  The
ferrets could have been killed if they chewed on the wires or if the dog
decided to harm them.  I think (I could be wrong) that the ferrets nibbled
the baby because they saw the baby as another ferret and wanted to wake her
up, which by nibbling hard, is their way of doing it.  It is the mother's
fault for what happened to the baby.  If she had used common sense, this
incident wouldn't have happened.  And to make matters worse, both of the
ferrets, who were acting as normal playful ferrets should, were ORDERED,
to be EUTHANIZED, by the OWNERS!!!  The article doesn't say if they tested
possitive for rabbies, but I bet 100000000 to 1 that they didn't!  It also
gives ferrets a BAD name with the authorities!  I wholeheartedly believe
that this woman was not fit to own ferrets because she obviously didn't
know much about their behavior or anything, and is responcible for the
unneccessary death, of 2 innocent ferrets, who ended up with the wrong
owners, and they lost their lives because of ignorance, irresponcibility,
and misunderstanding.  I hope that there will not be any more incidents
like this.  But, knowing humans, there probably will.

  --------------------
A Note to Sandee:
I do not know what their names were, but Sandee, please look out for these
2 little guys.  Show them the fun things at the Rainbow Bridge that they
never got to experience here on earth.  And most importantly, let them
know that they are loved.

Thanks for listening,
A very heartbroken ferret lover

P.S.
I really would like to know what everyone here on the list thinks
about this.

HT