Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:01:11 -0500
Hi,
I'm fairly new to the list and I have a question.

I have owned a 10 month old male sable for 4 months.  So far everything
about him has been normal.  He was just at the vets for his rabies shot
last week.

This week I have noticed a swelling on each side of his neck.  I am unsure
if it is fatty tissue (he's a hefty little guy, probably needs to go on a
diet) if it is muscle mass (he's been doing more climbing lately, new cage
with climbing tubes), if is a reaction to the rabies shot that was givin in
the back of the neck, or something else.  Not knowing enough about what is
normal for a ferret, I find I need some help.  Private or public posts with
possible answers would be appreciated.

He is acting normally, poop is normal and eating and drinking habits are
normal.

Thanks,
Alicia and Ferris