From:
Deborah Kemmerer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:38:10 -0400
FINALLY!!!!! TA DAAAAA!!!!

After much deliberation and procrastination, my staff and I have picked
the winners of the Haiku Contest.  We got enough entries that I was able
to pick one winner in each of two categories: Funny and Serious.

The winner in the Funny Haiku category is Jenny Blanchard with this =
entry:

Hey, there, you raisins!
Are you ready to have fun?
No? Then you should run!

Just for sheer goofiness, Honorable Mention goes to someone whose email is
[log in to unmask] for this one:

Lick, lick, lick, lick, lick,
Lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick,
Lick, lick, lick, lick, CHOMP!

The winner in the Serious Category is Susan King for this entry, which I
think is beautiful:

White ferret kisses
falling as gently as snow
on a mother's face.

Honorable Mention goes to [log in to unmask] :

Honey's Haiku:

Winter's blanket hides.
Now here I am, there I go.
Fills the soul inside.

There were many very good ones, and I will be forwarding all entries to
Bryan Coffey for the second edition of the Ferret Poetry book.

If the winners will please send me your mailing addresses, I will send your
framed copies of your poems.

Thank you all for your entries and your patience!!!

Debbie Kemmerer