From:
Jamie & Heather Ryssman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:23:06 -0600
Not long ago our 3 year old, Joey, began pooing & peeing outside the
litter box.  Thought it was just a phase because he seemed otherwise
typically playful & energetic.  However my wife & I soon noticed not only
was he going outside the box, but also dribbling pee all over himself.
The pee seems to be extra concentrated & milky in appearance.

Our vet did an exam & took x-rays showing a VERY enlarged bladder.  He
said he thought Joey might have bladder stones & put him on a course of
antibiotics.  After a few weeks he is still going everywhere outside the
litter box, pee concentrated & milky, but otherwise still seems to be
doing okay.  Our vet said if Joey didn't get better that he could try
catheterizing, but that it was doubtful that this would work as he'd only
seen it successfully done once.  The only other option given was surgery,
but that this would more than likely reoccur & didn't know if it was
worth it.  He still eats & drinks and gets around, but this is horrible
watching him mess himself every time he tries to go which he has to try
several times before anything comes out.  And I'm guessing the milky pee
indicates there is an infection occurring.

Is there ANYTHING we can do for him?  I've thought of putting him on Duck
Soup as support, but he still is eating well.  Please any advise on which
way to go would be appreciated.  Is this as dire as our vet seemed to
think it is?

Thank you so very much for the support we find here and God bless you
all.

Sincerely Jamie, Heather, Bear, Maxx, Rosamond, Beeker, Bean, and Joey