From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:09:15 -0600
This was an email I received of a lady wanting to have another ferret
but hers is ADV so she needs to one that is positive. Right now she is
in Austin Texas BUT she says: We plan to drive back to our residence
in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho within the next month or two. On our way home
we will stop in the Denver, Colorado area to visit family and friends.
So anywhere near Austin, Texas (ie. San Antonio, Waco, etc.) or the
Denver/Colorado Springs area, and Cheyenne, Wyoming, Billings and
Missoula, Montana are also on our way home.

I have a healthy two year old ADV positive ferret, Peanut, who last his
cagemate, Sweet Pea, to ADV and insulinoma in July 2008. He was only
3 years and 10 months old when he passed away. I have been torn up
about it ever since. I only learned he had ADV in May 2008. He tested
negative for ADV from a saliva test done when he was about 1.5 years
old, and Avecon diagnostics diagnosed him as negative (false negative)
from him blood sample in April 2008. His high globulin protein level,
along with the advice of the local ferret shelter, prompted me to take
him to another ferret vet in the area with more knowledge about ADV
and what type of tests need to be done and where to send them.

I cannot adopt any other ferret or be in the company of any ferret
due to my exposure to our ADV positive ferret. Do you know of any ADV
quarantined ferrets that are available for adoption who merely carry
the disease but have not had ADV symptoms? I would love for Peanut to
have a friend and help out another ferret who has been inflicted with
the dreaded ADV.

Thank you for your assistance. Please do not hesitate to call me at
208-704-8887 or email me with further questions.

Gina

Her email address is: [log in to unmask]

Millie and her Rainbow kids
Raider, Raggs, Ripples & Ribbons
www.Txferretrescue.org
Please vote a grant for us at