From:
A happy guy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 14:15:56 -0400
Is there anybody out there who knows how common the Aleutian disease is in
the US.  Is this immune deficiency disease wildly spread?

Regarding my previous post (a while ago) about a ferret walking funny, I
found a better explanation of what could be causing it than I gave. I like
to quote the author of the 'Complete Guide to Ferrets', James McKay about
Thiamine deficency.

"Where ferrets are fed a diet consisting of a large proportion of day-old
chicks, raw fish or eggs (or a combination of any or all of these items), a
thiamine deficiency is almost guaranteed.  Symptoms include anorexia,
lethargy, weakness of the hindquarters, and convulsions.  Injections of the
vitamin B complex usually have a rapid effect, and recovery is usually
total.  Avoid this problem by supplying your ferrets with a proper diet.
All cases of convulsions, paralysis or unusual behaviour should be reffered
to your vet."

Next thing...  I would like to thank everyone who has put a link to my WWW
ferret page.  If you feel that a link to your page is missing on my page,
it's probably because I don't know that you have link to my page, or I
forgot to add your page (in that case I appologize).  Please e-mail me and
I'll add you to my list of ferret related links.

Also, if you havn't done it yet, please visit Zen and the Art of Ferrets WWW
page!  Bill and Diane have done a great job with their webpage.  I
especially like their "Ask Buddha" page where you can ask the ferret Buddha
any ferret related question, and Buddha will answer you!

A link to the Zen and the Art of Ferrets is on my ferret page.

http://erau.db.erau.edu:80/~erikssol

I'm in progress of getting a new internet provider so my webpages will be
moving soon. Yes! I finally have a lot of space for ferret pictures, and for
the ferret chatting people on the Ferret Chat Server (FCS).

/       Lars Eriksson                           [log in to unmask]      \
/       Daytona Beach - Florida - USA           (904) 238-5633            \
/       World Wide Web          http://erau.db.erau.edu:80/~erikssol      \