From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 07:38:15 -0400
Hi!

The other day my husband and I were at the mall and decided to make a check
on the resident pet store.  One time we had gone in there, the ferrets
(and, as usual, there were MANY of them) had no water in their water bottles!
Needless to say, I got very upset was well as my husband.  He was the one to,
shall we say, BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION in no uncertain terms!!!

So now whenever we're near a pet store, we stop to make sure the babies
are taken care of, and promptly (I'm getting more 'diplomatic' at this!)
bring it to the store's attention.

BUT .. back on track .. we did a ferret-check and they had water.
Sooooooo ... we're standing there and there was another couple standing
there, very quiet, just staring at the gaggle(?) of ferrets.

I asked if they were considering getting one and they said yes!
WELL!  I promptly (but quietly - well, at least I tried) told them that there
was a ferret shelter in Merrimack and that they were alot cheaper than
the store ($129 .. EACH!).

They starting asking me the usual questions and I was trying to answer them,
when I looked over and a salesguy was standing there ... staring ... and
smiling!  In the meantime, there was ANOTHER woman there who was also
interested in the shelter's phone number!!

I gave each of them Dick and Joan Bossart's number for their shelter
(ARE YOU READING THIS, DICK?!?!) and hopefully, they will be getting
calls in the near future.

When I left I wondered ... will there come a time when I walk into that
store and will be asked to leave (i.e., can they do that?)  Or could I get
into trouble because they think I'm "soliciting"?

Oh, well ... I guess I'll just have to keep trying and see!
Hmm ... I wonder if I could stick flyers on the ferrets cage ... hmmmm ...

Nancy, Bob
  Fewwit, Bandit, Alexander The Great, Miss Freckles