From:
Donald Fagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 11:28:47 -0400
Hi all,
As long as I have been a subscriber to the FML (abut 4 years), everyone
has been talking and obsessing about cleaning their ferrets ears.  Why?
It's just ear wax!  My two little ones will be four around the middle of
November, and I have never once in their lives cleaned their ears.  Of
course if there is a problem with mites, then it is necessary and I
wouldn't hesitate for a second.  Maybe I was reading the FML wrong, and
all of those who posted about ear cleaning did have some legitimate reason
for ear cleaning other than a waxy buildup?  (then again, if there is a
buildup, there probably is a need to clean them!)  Same thing goes for
bathing--the last time I gave my guys a bath was about 2 months before last
Christmas--they have had the softest fur they have ever had since I stopped
washing them!  Stink?  No way!  All ya gotta do is wash their bedding every
one or two weeks--no problem.  Anyhow, any and all flames can be addressed
to me personally, but all I intended was to put my $.02 worth in.

Dooks to all,
Chris (come on, do you REALLY think Donald Fagen is a subscriber to the
FML!?)