From:
bosshart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:47:16 -0400
>My ferrets tend to "burn rubber" when they get done pooping in the litter
>pan.  I don't mind them pooping in the pan, but when they get done, they
>peel out, butt to the ground and scoot as if my carpet/tile were some
>great Charmin toilet paper.  They have normal poop (besides this scooting)
>and are not "backed up".  I am ready to install miniature toilet paper
>rolls next to their litter pans....

How about buying some cheap bathroom rug to put under the box.Or
newspaper,a piece of cardboard.How about the cardboard boxes that soda come
in?They are very,very low and if they scratch litter out of the box,this
will catch it.

>My two ferrets are both 2 years old.  I've had them since they were
>babies.  They have always had free roam, and they've always been really
>good as to not break or destroy anything.  I might find a few things
>"misplaced" once in a while, but that's okay.  They're usually in the
>"lost and found" under my bed. : )  Anyways, I will be going overseas for
>six weeks this summer and I won't be able to take them with me.  So, I
>have a sitter lined up, but my furbutts will have to stay in a cage, with
>supervised play time, of course.  I am wondering how big their cage needs
>to be and how much play time they need everyday....

My hubby and I have gone away and we have 2 dogs and 2 ferts.We have people
come by to check and feed and play and such.We have also had someone
actually stay in our home.(I find this the best way)Also We have sent them
to stay with some at their house.Maybe this is an option for you.

Now on another note.I am leaving here on the 14th of June.I will not have a
house in 2 weeks so if you need to contact me,It needs to be very soon so I
can adjust my rout.Other wise we will not be able to help you.I will be
going to NJ,MA,then to Niagara falls,MN,Devils tower(WY)then to WA(MT ST
Helens) then I think we will take the ferry up to Alaska.You can email me
and request my phone number and we can talk about your needs.

Jennifer
Perry"Werry"
Joshie"Washie"
http://ww2.esn.net/~bossman/ferret.htm