From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:38:14 -0800
For those of you who let your ferrets have free roam in your bedrooms, I
highly suggest doing this...

On New Year's Eve, we moved our bed from one room to another.  For fun,
we decided not to clean under it at all before moving it.  In fact, for a
week beforehand, we didn't move anything the ferrets took under the bed
or to its edge.  On moving day, we removed the ferrets, then removed the
mattress, skirting and box spring very carefully, so as not to disturb
the treasure trove underneath.

The fuzzbutts had the most amazing passageways and stashes!  Their
Christmas cheweasels (6 of them, 2 each to the 3 ferrets) were all
stashed in one place near the center of the bed on a plastic bag.  They
had the cat's crunchy sack under there, a bunch of stuffed animals, a
blanket... the story goes on... it was a most amazing thing to track
their normal movements under there. :)

We did find one frightening thing... they had stollen a ping pong paddle
and dragged it under the bed.  They tore off the rubbery padding on it,
which explains the problems they had a few months ago.  We were sure
they hadn't gotten into anything, but this proved otherwise.  Luckily,
it wasn't serious, but it just goes to show they get into things you're
sure they can't.

So, for safety and fun, I would recommend this to everyone!

Debbie