From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:35:31 -0500
In my opinion you ought to very ashamed of yourselves for attacking
Lisette again.  Ever since I joined the FML years ago, I have read about
Lisette praising this shelter & the people involved with it.  Until
recently I never heard a bad word about it from her.  She would post
about the products she bought from the shelter to help it & ask people to
also buy these products or join a mailing list or whatever.  She bragged
on how wonderful the products were.  She bought all of the supplies that
she could from you & asked others to also do this.  In your post you say
that only recently Lisette has done wonderful things for GCFA, that is a
outright lie!  In this lie you have already proved that you are liars &
Lisette is telling the truth!  People that know Lisette from her posts to
the FML & in person, know she is a wonderful, kind, caring, thoughtful &
giving person & your lies about her are not going to change their minds
about her.

You say that the memorial cages were only a dream, a idea, only a idea.
In that case why in the world did you EVER accept any form of money for
the cages?  Why wasn't the money given for these cages, given back to
whoever gave it in the first place with a explanation saying something
like, "At this time we have no real plans for these cages.  We thank you
for the money but we cannot accept it until things are worked out & the
production of the cages is underway." ????  When she posted about them
on the FML why didn't someone post back right away saying that she was
jumping the gun?  Why just sit there & say nothing but accept money for
them?  You said, "Lisette had no authority to publicly post such a
program on behalf of the GCFA.  There was no official program."  Then
HELLO, you post right back stating this.  You DON'T wait a year to do it!!

Then you say,
>*snip* "the extremely hectic life of trying to give quality care to
>the more than 350 ferrets who come through our shelter door a year have
>prevented us from following through with this program.  We are a no-kill
>shelter that maintains an average daily population of 100 ferrets.  That
>takes a lot of love, countless hours of caring people's time, tears,
>energy and money to carry it off.  Lisette would not know this as she
>has only volunteered approximately 5 times within her entire membership.

Lisette did NOT have to be there volunteering to know this.  She DID know
it, that is why she was always trying her best to promote GCFA in any way
she could.  It doesn't matter if she was never there volunteering her
time, she helped in many other ways, you don't have to have hands on, to
know & to help.

And you follow up by saying,
>We are not the thieves that she has made us out to be.

No?  Isn't keeping money that was given for a product that was never more
than an idea, stealing?

You stated several times that you told Lisette she would get her money
back over the past year & as many times you have stated where it was put
off.  Why?  Lisette used the term " misappropriates funds", sure sounds
like the truth to me!  You said,
>"We, the board, all agreed and had full intention of the refund.  At no
>time was her request denied!"

If you didn't deny it then that means you paid her back the first time
she asked right?

You wrote,
>The board votes on each proposed item that directly affect our shelter
>or club.  We also have a general bi-monthly meeting open to all our
>members where our current finances and concerns are publicly addressed,
>also in turn allowing the members to voice any concerns they might have.

It wasn't a concern at the very start that Lisette "misunderstood" about
the memorial cages?

Also you write,
>Lisette is basically accusing the GCFA officials of intentional
>wrongdoing, and by doing so the members of this wonderful organization
>who put them into office.

She did accuse you & rightly so of wrong doing, after a year of promises,
after giving you many chances to correct the situation.

Lastly you write,
>We are the only ferret shelter servicing the entire Chicagoland area and
>we (the countless selfless individuals who devote so much) are sincerely
>trying to do our best.

Frankly is a shame that there are no other shelters there.  Keeping so
many ferrets & only letting each one for 30 minutes a day is a crime!
I don't care what kind of problem there might have been in the past in
sharing the burden of so many ferrets with another shelter that offered
to help by taking some of them, you still should have asked other
shelters to help ease the load by taking some of the very many & finding
homes for them.  Yes it is wonderful that you are a no kill shelter &
keep taking them in, but you have to do more than that!  You have to try
to make arrangements with other shelters in nearby states to help out
some when you are overloaded, overtaxed & overwhelmed!  It isn't at all
fair to keep taking in more if you cannot care for what you have.  If you
were a private individual & posted about letting a ferret out for play
time/exercise for only 30 minutes a day, hell would have come down on
your heads!

Out of respect for Lisette I restrained myself for not saying anything
before when this came to light, but with you lying & condemning Lisette
now I will no longer be quite about it!  Shame on you!

Lynn & Clan War Weasels

PS: For all of you that know Lisette & all of the good this woman has
done for the love of ferrets, & for GCFA PLEASE post here in defense of
her, show these people that they are messing with the wrong folks!

[Moderator's note: I think your points have been stated -- no need to
have a hundred "me too" posts on the FML.  BIG]