From:
"Ann D. Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 13:47:58 -0400
Well we've had our first really serious ferret crisis.

My Swedish/English/American jill developed a cyst on the base of her uterus
that involved her bladder and the right ureter and also a silent Pyo in
result.  She had a 2.5 hour surgery to correct the problem.  I'm am glad
she is alive.

After the surgery she had a renal crisis and we thought we were going to
have to put her down due to severely compromised kidney function.  We were
very lucky in that she regained her function, but may have some long term
loss of function as she ages.  She will need yearly monitering of function
via blood tests.

Does anyone have a ferret with some sort of loss of kidney function out
there?  What are you doing to maintain the animal's health?

Ann