Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:52:27 -0600
I got this information from a meezer group, thought I would pass it
along:

Governor Schwartzenegger is proposing instituting a sales tax on
veterinary services as a means to generate more money for the state.
Any of us who have ever taken a cat to the emergency room know that the
costs can be astounding. Any of us who visit the vet regularly- for a
chronically ill kitty or as a foster parent/recuse group- also know
that the cost of treatment and routine care can run into the thousands
per year.

A trip to the vet can be expensive- especially in LA, San Diego and San
Francisco. Let's not add an 8% sales tax onto the bill and make trip to
the vet PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE for thousands of people and pets in
California.

Please call the Governor's office and express your opposition to a
Veterinary Services Tax! It takes less than a minute and you don't
even have to talk to a human!

Call the Governor at 916-445-2841
Select your Language of choice
Press 5 to leave your opinion on a current issue
Press 1 to select the issue of extending the sales tax to veterinary
services
Press 2 to oppose the Vet Services Tax proposal.

Please share this info with your friends and family.