Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:10:27 EST
>The first issue is this: I have had people assure me that the vet
>involved in assessing the ferrets from the Virginia seizure doesn't
>know ferrets, but when asked more closely NONE of them was able to
>even tell me who the vet is or which hospital was involved.
>
>Suki

That is because as I know it no vet looked at the ferrets. No Triage,
No assessments of any vets occurred for the ferrets. Instead one of the
officers involved in all of the euthanizing of the frets told witnesses
at the vet clinic where she went to pick up the charts involved in the
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater, said they were told by their supervisor to
euthanize all the animals in truck number such and such. They did as
they were told. They also killed some healthy ferrets which the office
said were in good condition but she followed orders. One of the frets
they killed was a five pound, very healthy hob named Ottie. Ottie was
in Carole's house with her house ferrets. How do they account for that?
I wished I knew someone at PETA, I'd ask them to get involved. Usually
I do not care for PETA folks for some of their unorthodox ways but at
this time they may be able to put pressure on the Animal Control in
VaBCH for their errors in handling all of this. I fear they are trying
to make it seem as tho they are working to combat Animal cruelty at
the expense of someone who has spent the last 35 years trying to help
ferrets at large.

best to all

Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.