From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:50:57 -0400
<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/latest-news-from-funhouse.html>
Latest news from the Funhouse

Last time I posted anything was when Picasso arrived and became JJ's
roomie, that was the end of July. Since then things have gone on in a
relatively peaceful fashion. Picasso was a little shy when he first
moved in, but that changed as soon as he became accustomed to the
place. He is now what I would refer to as the biggest wise ass of a
ferret I have seen in a long while. When he and JJ come out to play,
he is going 100 miles an hour or so. Picasso is a jumper, he pounces
on my shoes, ankles, shins, whatever he can get at. If I am wearing
shorts, I have to put him away until I finish the litter box cleaning
or I won't get it done. He certainly keeps JJ active.

One thing I wish he would stop, is his decision that the rice bucket
is a litter box. Nobody has ever done that until he got here. I caught
him red handed at it a few times. He is very unapologetic about it. Oh
well, what are you going to do. He has definitely livened things up. I
will post some pictures later on.

We also saw a couple of birthdays, the matriarch of the crew, Lil,
turned 8 years old in August, hooray! She is slowing down a bit, but
still gets around and has her treats and soup. She has her routine she
goes through every morning, because she is senior ferret of the crew,
she gets the daytimes out while I am at work.

In the morning I get soup ready for all, I have my own special recipe,
which seems to be a hit with the crew. I heat up bowls full in the
microwave and serve. Lil is last because she eats out. I bring Picasso
and JJ their soup, which they tuck right into, then I grab Ozzie and
Sasha and put them in with theirs. Ozzie is awesome, you can hear him
drinking his soup from across the room like a dog in a water bowl. Then
I bring in Lil's and take her out, give her a hug and set her down for
her soup. She likes me to dip my finger in and let her sample a couple
of times, before she eats. After she eats she goes over to the tube and
crawls through, stopping in the middle a couple times for a few minutes
of grooming. After that she stops by the other guys houses to say hi,
then she goes in the playhouse for a nap. Again, some pictures will
appear soon.

September was JJ's 7th birthday, he looks pretty darned good for such
an old fart. He still gives me a war dance every day when he comes out,
and hates to be held for too long. He and Picasso get time out from
when I get home until I go to bed. This is when I clean out the litter
boxes, so they have great fun staying as much under foot as possible.
After that they get their cookies, Totally Ferret treats, and then they
play. JJ doesn't fit in the tube anymore, so Picasso can hide there
from him. This is because of the prednisone JJ must take for his
melanoma. Seems to be working so far, he doesn't know he's sick. Maybe
next time we do the Childrens Museum the 2 of them can go. That would
be fun.

Well, I have spent enough time for now. Those are the latest happenings
from the Ferret Fun House. If you want my Ferret soup recipe, send an
email and I will type it up. It changes sometimes depending on what is
on hand, but the kids like it. Chow for now.

Greg and the kids at
http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/