From:
Anonmous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 11:19:19 -0400
I would like to thank each one of you who responded to my post about my
ferrets shedding.  Took several suggestions and they worked.  I gave them a
bath, which a lot of hair came out that way.  Then I waited until they were
nice and dry, then took them out back and scruffed them, and pulled the
hair out and it did the job nice.  My vet said that they do not have any
disease as we were just there, so she said go ahead and "pluck".  Wow, much
hair came out and they look so much better.

They were really looking like balls of fur, I guess it was taking them a
bit longer to get rid of their summer coat because my other ferret had lost
her hair and is now short haired for the summer.  Thank you all again, all
of your suggestions worked and I just wanted to let you know.  They didn't
like the "plucking" but after a nice warm bath and drying, the hair just
seemed to come right out.  Then I brushed them after I "Plucked" them, and
the brush picked up more hair than it did previously, so IMO the bath
helped loosen the hair up.

JC

Animals Are Heavens Little Angels, Sent To Keep Watch Over Us