Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:22:26 -0400
HI GUYS,

It seems like I only write when I have bad news.  I guess that's because
so many of you understand and have been there.

Two days ago my Wiggles was diagnosed with adrenal disease and a mass
where her right adrenal is located.  One year ago she had her left adrenal
removed so we are pretty sure it is the right one.

I would like to hear from those of you who have been through this.  I
haven't opted for surgery yet because I want to know more about the hormone
therapy she would need, how well they do with it, average survival time.
etc.

Her vet says he won't touch it and to take her to Ohio State.  Ohio State
is 2 1/2 hrs from me and Dr. Weiss is 3 1/2 hrs.  Cost would be about the
same so if I get her surgery I will take her to Maryland.

She is very tiny and has never been a well girl. She is 3 1/2 yrs old.

I would appreciate any advice from someone with experience with the loss
of both adrenals.

Thanks,

Barb Stewart